Andrews Inn Frequently Asked Questions
Is there parking?
Andrews Inn is one of the few Old Town guesthouses that enjoys free parking. We have limited off-street parking in front of the inn and overflow parking on a small lane behind the inn. Cottages have free street parking (no meters), and we will help you find a parking spot nearby when you arrive. If you prefer, there are nearby parking lots for about $15 per day. Guests traveling with large trucks or trailers should plan to use a parking lot because our small streets cannot easily accommodate oversize vehicles. Once you are on the island, you probably won’t use your car since everything is within easy walking distance. We highly suggest you keep your car parked and use a bicycle, scooter, pedicab, or taxi for transportation within Old Town.
I will be arriving late, after your office is closed. How do I check in?
Late arrivals are not a problem. If you will be arriving after 6pm, please contact us ahead of time for instructions and details.
Are breakfast and daily housekeeping service included?
Andrews Inn and Garden Cottages offers two distinct products to choose from, depending on your personal preference:
- Our Main Guesthouse includes all the amenities that you would expect at a small bed and breakfast including complimentary breakfast and daily housekeeping service.
- Andrews Inn Cottages are perfect for guests who prefer more spacious accommodations designed for self-catering vacations. Breakfast is not included in our cottage rates. We provide a fully-cleaned unit with fresh linens and towels for your arrival. Since your comfort is our top concern, we will provide clean towels every other day and also offer daily housekeeping as an optional service for $25 per day. This includes change of towels, making beds, emptying trash, and light cleaning (no dishes). Please arrange this service in advance or when you checkin. Please note: if you book through a third-party website such as VRBO or Flipkey, different policies and fees apply. We recommend you book direct to avoid fees and guarantee the best rate.
Is there a cleaning charge and security deposit for cottages?
Unlike most vacation rentals, Andrews Inn Cottages do not charge a cleaning fee or security deposit if you book direct with us. While the majority of our guests treat our cottages with the care and respect they deserve, you are responsible for the cost of repairs or additional cleaning if your suite is left excessively dirty (evidence of smoking, spills/stains, dirty dishes, etc.) or if items are broken or missing from the unit. Please note: if you book through a third-party website such as VRBO or Flipkey, a security deposit and cleaning fees apply.
Where can I rent bikes?
Andrews Inn has on-site bike rentals available which are a convenient, affordable way to get around town. Our conch cruisers come with lights, a lock, and – best of all – free parking at racks throughout the island.
Do you have a pool?
We have a heated dipping pool (roughly 10 X 20’). The chaise lounges surrounding the pool offer a mixture of sun and shade, depending on the time of day. Each cottage unit also has a outdoor hot tub for that unit’s private use only.
Are you on the beach?
No, we are about a half mile from Key West’s best beach, Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park: Very few guesthouses are located on our waterfront because this public space is available for all to enjoy. Most beachfront hotels are located on Roosevelt Boulevard, a busy thoroughfare a few miles from town and far less convenient to all you have come to see and do in Key West.
How close are you to Mallory Square, Southernmost Point and other Key West Attractions?
Old Town Key West is approximately one square mile, and Duval Street is just over a mile long. Andrews Inn is located near the mid-point of Duval Street, placing us within easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, beaches, and all other Key West attractions.
Do you accept children?
Children under 15 are welcome in our cottage units only. These units offer more space and privacy for your family as well as the convenience or your own kitchen and private deck with Jacuzzi. We do not have capacity for extra beds unless stated in the unit’s description.
Do you accept pets?
Well-behaved pets are accepted in our cottage units only. We have no weight restrictions, but owners are responsible for their pet’s behavior and any damages resulting from their stay. We reserve the right to shorten your stay if your pet’s behavior disturbs other guests. Our pet fee is $25 per pet per night.
Do you accept Spring Breakers?
The intimate and peaceful setting of Andrews Inn is not suitable for Spring Breakers who are much better served at a larger hotel closer to the action on Smathers Beach. We have a zero-tolerance policy for Spring Breakers or rowdy guests and reserve the right to shorten your stay if your behavior disturbs other guests.
Do you offer group discounts? Can I book the whole inn?
We have discovered through experience that our small inn cannot accommodate large groups without impacting other guests. Because we want all of our guests to enjoy their stay at Andrews Inn, we do not book large groups or offer group discounts. Booking the whole inn is an extremely rare possibility that is only considered for stays of a week of more. Special policies apply.
Reservations for more than three rooms must be made directly with us by calling 888-263-7393. Different policies for minimum stay, deposit, and cancellations apply. We will not honor bookings for more than three rooms made through our website or any other booking website without speaking to you about our group booking policies. Bookings that do not follow this procedure are subject to cancellation. Please call or email us for more details.
Can I buy an Andrews Inn Gift Certificate?
Andrews Inn offers gift certificates in any amount and will gladly mail them to that lucky friend or family member. Gift certificates can be used for any stay at Andrews Inn, and are subject to availability and our minimum stay requirements. Please call or email us for more information.
What if a hurricane impacts my stay?
- In the unlikely event that a mandatory evacuation of Key West coincides with your confirmed stay, you will be issued a credit for a future stay at Andrews Inn. These credits are non-transferable and will be valid from June 1 – December 15, up to one year from the issue date.
- No credit will be issued for hurricanes which are not a threat to Key West, or if you are unable to travel because of cancelled flights or adverse travel conditions outside of the Keys.
- We strongly suggest the purchase of Travel Insurance to protect your vacation investment against last-minute travel emergencies, whether they are weather-related or personal. Click here for more information or to purchase travel insurance.